BC Kids: 2021 Lent Activities for Families
About “Lent” For Kids
A long time ago, Christians set aside the 40 days leading up to Easter to come close to God. We call it Lent. Lent runs from Ash Wednesday (Feb. 17, 2021) to Holy Saturday (the day before Easter).
Lent includes forty weekdays. Sundays are considered mini-Easters! During Lent, we go on a journey of prayer, fasting, repentance, and giving with Jesus “in the wilderness.” Like he did for 40 days! It’s a wonderful time of growing closer to God as we get ready for Jesus’ death and resurrection!
Lent for Littles
Journey to Easter
with the Jesus Storybook Bible
The Jesus Storybook Bible Lent Guide is back! And this year it is even better than ever! Zonderkidz and author Sally Lloyd-Jones are making this special Easter activity kit and printables available to you for FREE through FaithGateway! Each day for 40 days you can countdown to Easter with the paper chains that correspond with one of the stories in the Bible, then read the companion story in The Jesus Storybook Bible. It’s super easy and fun for the entire family!
Plus, receive bonus Easter coloring page printables from The Jesus Storybook Bible Coloring Book!
Lent for Olders
Little Way Lenten Guide
+ the Holy Week for Holy Families Guide
The Little Way Lenten guide includes:
- An explanation and overview of Lent
- A lesson introducing Lent and the practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving to children
- A printable card for each day of Lent with a simple spiritual practice to deepen your family’s Lenten journey. Each practice draws from one of the three traditional pillars of Lent: Prayer, Fasting or Giving
- Detailed notes for daily practices, explaining the history and theology behind them
The Holy Week for Holy Families guide includes:
- An overview of Holy Week
- A lesson, liturgy, and activity for each day of Holy Week from Palm Sunday through a Holy Saturday Easter Vigil
- Recipes for traditional Lenten treats
- Holy Week activity printables and coloring sheets